Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wonderful Weigh In Day


166 lbs.
down 3 lbs. from last week
down 16 lbs. from start
26 lbs. to my goal

Ahhhhhhh! I don't even know how to describe my excitement after my weigh in today. I feel good, I worked my ass off this week, and it paid off. Every week when I weigh myself, I strip down and look at myself in the mirror before I weigh in. Today was the first time I can actually see myself looking good in a bikini this year. I've been trying to not only do cardio, but lift weights, do butt exercises, and ab exercises as well. Although my abs of steel are still hiding under a rather disturbing layer of fat, I can see the definition in the other parts of my body. My butt is getting tighter and my arms are less flabby and more defined. 

I stayed under my calories in My Fitness Pal, except for Friday. On Friday night, we went out to dinner with my grandma and my aunt at Tequila's (a Mexican restaurant). I had a jumbo strawberry margarita on the rocks, a chicken burrito with cheese sauce on top, rice, and beans. I took it easy on the chips and salsa, but I did have some. Other than that, my menu board is working wonders for our home eating. It's great to have all the ingredients for the week, know exactly what we'll be eating, and know how many calories it is beforehand. 

As far as exercise, I worked out every. single. day. Today I will rest! Seriously. But the funny thing is, my body is craving exercise. Even though I know I should take the day off (and I probably will), I actually want to exercise. Here was my exercise routine this week:

Monday - elliptical and treadmill (58 minutes)
Tuesday -elliptical and treadmill (85 minutes)
Wednesday - Zumba and volleyball (109 minutes)
Thursday - Turbo Jam Cardio Party (44 minutes)
Friday - Hip Hop Abs DVD (30 minutes)
Saturday - Zumba with Angel (59 minutes)

Grand Total: 393 minutes

It was a great week, and I am moving forward feeling confident and motivated. When I started blogging, I weighed 182 pounds, which means I've lost 16 pounds since then. When I started using My Fitness Pal, I weighed 181, which means I've lost 15 pounds since then. But the day that I decided I had to change was the day after Thanksgiving. As a general rule, I stayed away from our scale in our bathroom. I never weighed myself. Why? I knew I was overweight, and it would just depress me. The day after Thanksgiving, I decided to weigh myself for the first time in months. I was up to 196 pounds!! After some tears and feeling extremely depressed, I got a slow start to shedding a few pounds and eating healthier. I did a detox to cleanse my system, and started from there. But this means that since the day after Thanksgiving, I've lost 30 pounds!!!

Now I need to head to the store to get some healthy food for Super Bowl today. We're headed to our friends house, and I'm going to need some low cal food to snack on. 

Peace & Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment