Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Cravings

I needed a great tasting smoothie to satisfy my peanut butter craving. I seriously love peanut butter. Thank God for the lower calorie powdered version, PB2. 


For those of you who haven't heard of this miraculous powdered peanut butter, prepare to be amazed! To make this pantry must-have, peanuts are pressed so that all the oils are released. What is left, is a powdered peanut butter that is not genetically modified or chemically altered. It has 85% less fat that regular peanut butter, and 2 TBSP is only 45 calories. So far I've only used this in smoothies, but other bloggers have suggested mixing the powder with water to create a peanut butter paste. I've yet to try it, but I'll let you know when I do. 

Where can you get your hands on this magic? I ordered mine from Amazon, but it's also sold in most health food stores. 

So tonight I had a very delicious, very filling smoothie that tasted kind of like dessert. It's a little high in calories (655 cals), but it replaced a meal for me today so I was able to stay under my calorie limit. If you love peanut butter, then this is the smoothie for you!

Blend the following in your blender:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 3 TBSP PB2
  • 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 C Chobani low-fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1 oz. almonds
  • 1 TBSP Hershey's chocolate syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment