Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Goodness

After looking online at a bunch of banana oatmeal recipes, I took ingredients I liked from each. I've made it twice, changing a few things along the way, and this morning...Mmmm mmmm! It was delicious! I started off the new year with some Turbo Jam and a weight lifting routine for arms and shoulders. Although this is higher in calories than my usual breakfast, it was late enough to count as brunch :) And after all that working out this morning, I needed something to make me feel full and give me lots of energy. Now if only I could learn to be a better photographer. This picture just doesn't do it justice, people. Enjoy! 


Banana Oatmeal 
Calories: 604 

Ingredients:

  • 1 tsp butter 
  • 1 medium, ripe banana 
  • 1 C skim milk 
  • 1/2 TBSP peanut butter (can substitute PB2 for lower calorie) 
  • 1/2 C Quaker Oat plain oats 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg 
  • dash of salt 
  • 1 tsp chia seed 
  • 1/8 C chopped pecans 
  • 1 TBSP maple syrup 
  • a few shakes of cinnamon 


Directions:

1) Place medium skillet on medium heat to melt butter. 
2) Peel and place banana in the skillet, chopping it as it cooks. 
3) Cook 4-5 minutes, chopping and stirring constantly. 
4) Add skim milk, peanut butter or PB2, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seed, and a dash of salt. 
5) Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer for 9 minutes, stirring often. 
6) Top with chopped pecans (my favorite!), syrup, and cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment