Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Confessions of an Ex-Pizza Addict

Healthy dinners can be tricky at my house. I like a lot of different foods, but Josh can be a little picky. Fish, salads, onions, mushrooms, and anything vegetarian are off limits on Zeiss Avenue. So on a typical Wednesday night, I play indoor volleyball with the girls and Josh bowls in a league with his buddies. I don't plan meals for this night and usually end up eating my go to meal for Wednesdays: a Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken from Jack 'N the Box or McDonalds. 

Rewind back to month ago before I made my healthy lifestyle change. Pizza was my weakness! I'm not lying when I tell you that I could easily out-eat my husband when it came to pizza. I could absolutely eat an entire medium..ummm...no lying Jenny, this is the point of your blog: to be honest with the world about your food issues large pizza by myself along with a salad and perhaps a few chicken wings to boot. Gross, I know. After a month of eating healthy, I don't know how I managed to cram all of that greasy, processed, calorie and fat filled food into my body. 

So when I had a pizza craving the other day, I knew it wouldn't do to deprive myself of pizza. No sir. So tonight I cooked up this lovely, low-calorie pizza creation below. At 208 calories per pizza, I ate two of them, satisfied my pizza craving, and was feeling both full and darn proud that I didn't take my butt to get a $5 Hot N' Ready Pizza at Cecil Whittakers. The great thing about these is that you can literally add and subtract ingredients to make it exactly how you like it. 

Canadian Bacon & Pineapple Portabella Pizzas
208 calories each


Ingredients:
  • portabella mushroom (remove the gills with a spoon)
  • 1/4 C Ragu Pasta Sauce (Light Tomato & Basil, No Sugar Added)
  • 1/4 Colby & Monterey Jack 2% Milk Cheese
  • half package of Hormel canadian bacon pizza style
  • 1/8 C red onion, sliced
  • 1/4 C pineapple tidibits

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Remove gills from inside the portabella mushroom using a spoon to scrape them out.
3) Cook mushroom in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
4) Remove mushroom from the oven and spoon sauce into the mushroom cap. Add onions, pineapple tidbits, candian bacon, and cheese (or whichever toppings your prefer).
5) Cook in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. 

Side note (mostly because I want to share a picture of my beautiful boxer baby, Juno): This little lady is ready to get out of the house for a walk! However, with all this snow and cold weather, I think she's content snuggled up on the couch. 


If you're a pizza lover like me, I hope you like the portabella pizzas. Hope to write more soon, and I'll definitely be reporting back after my weigh in on Sunday! 

Peace & Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment