Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Magnificent My Fitness Pal

So when I weighed in last Sunday after all of the holiday parties and my beautiful friend Kathleen's wedding, I was down to 179. I feel like I've done reasonably well this week, set aside New Year's Eve. I've worked out everyday and stayed under my calorie goal. Can I just say that My Fitness Pal (MFP) is such a great app because it is extremely motivating! First of all, I can see if and when my friends work out, how many calories they've burned, and if they've stayed under the calorie limit for the day. Secondly (and this is my favorite reason I love MFP), at the end of the day when you complete your log for the day, it says something like this:

"If every day were like today, you would weigh ___ lbs. in 5 weeks." 

Heeelllllloooooo, motivation! Well today, my trusty app confided in me that I would be down to 164 lbs in 5 weeks! I love seeing that number. The last time I was in the 160s was at my wedding in July 2009. 164? Yes, please. If you don't have My Fitness Pal, I would highly recommend downloading it. It has been my saving grace on this journey so far. 

Peace & Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment