Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Weigh In [1/13/13]


173.5 lbs.
down 3 lbs. from last week
down 8.5 lbs. from start
33.5 lbs. to my goal


Another successful week, but it came with some important realizations. Just like last week, I knew it was going to be a good week. However, it came with some important realizations:

1) I am stronger than I think I am. 

Josh loves steak. He would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I let him (and if we were rich enough). Well as a part of my healthy cooking and meal planning, I've not made steak in a long time. I worked off a ton of calories yesterday and decided we should go to a steak place for dinner. So we headed to Texas Roadhouse. Mmmm mmm! Fortunately for me, I worked out enough yesterday to stay under my calorie goal and enjoy a filet. But anyway, for those of you who have been to Texas Roadhouse, you know they have these delicious rolls with cinnamon butter that they bring to your table before dinner. I told myself before we left the house that I wasn't going to eat them. After all, it's like 200 calories for one roll, and that's without the butter. Geeeessshh! I even made it a point to tell Josh not to let me snatch one up, and he laughed. But just like that holiday party last month, it wasn't that difficult. I'm finding it easier and easier to say no to the fatty filled foods I love am trying to stop eating.

2) I have truly done something terrible to my body.

Something kinda funny happened. I went to Zumba on Wednesday night, and I had to leave to go to my volleyball game directly from Zumba. Well this Zumba class was particularly vigorous and I was so sweaty that I had to change. I'm talking drenched near the neckline and just super gross. Well fortunately, there was a Family Dollar in the same plaza as Club Fitness, so I ran next door and bought a t-shirt to wear to volleyball. Only problem was, it was one of those form fitting workout shirts that I never wear. I'm just not comfortable in them. So anyway, I came home from volleyball and my husband was sort of shocked. He kept staring at me and telling me how great I looked. Very flattering at the time :) 

 Then on Saturday I went over to my parents house. My mom and grandma kept saying over and over again how I looked so skinny and how they could really tell in my face that I'm losing weight. Again, very flattering at the time.

But as I thought about this and how proud I've been of myself, I realized that I am still in the 170s. This is an unhealthy weight for me. As great as it felt to have everyone telling me how much skinnier I'm starting to look, I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. What have I done to myself? It's pretty terrible when people are making a huge fuss over you when you are in the 170s!!! So I took the compliments as motivation to seriously work my ass off. It felt good to hear, but now I know that I truly need to keep going. 


Peace & Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment