Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sweet Success

I posted yesterday about going to that holiday party. You know...the one with all that terrible, yet delicious foods my body still craves and thinks are delicious? I'm proud to say that I avoided all the cupcakes, cake pops, cake, pretzels with cheese, deep fried turkey, dips, and chips! 

They even had my absolute favorite unhealthy food. Have you ever had those potatoes made with sour cream, shredded cheese, and topped with corn flakes? My mom has made these for me every Christmas growing up (and sometimes throughout the year too). Delicious, but terrible for you. Regardless, it's one of those comfort foods and I need to put in the past. 



When I got a little hungry toward the end of the night, I had some fruit: two pieces of pineapple, two pieces of papaya, two strawberries, and two pickle slices. I'm not trying to brag, but I'm pretty amazed by myself today. Usually anytime alcohol is involved (I had three Bud Select 55s), it leads to bad food choices. But not this weekend! I hope I can always remember how rewarding it is not to give in and remember the way I feel right at this moment. Especially the next time liquor is involved and I want to go back to my old ways of eating garbage food. 

Peace & Love
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment