Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Love In The Wild Night

Have you seen that show Love in the Wild? Jenny McCarthy was the host last year, and it was the second season. Josh and I were I was obsessed! Josh liked it too, but probably not as much as I did. 


If you've never seen it, basically a bunch of guys and girls fly to Costa Rica looking for love. They have to team up with a person of the opposite sex for each challenge in the wild. 

I always want to do the challenges!! They are awesome. Swimming in the ocean, canoeing down the rivers, hiking with heavy stuff, and all kinds of cool things in the Costa Rican rainforest. It's absolutely beautiful.

Here is my favorite couple, Samantha and Mike, the first to win Love in the Wild!


Anyway, there has been no talk of this show coming back on for season three, but the website is still up and running. *fingers crossed* 

The reason I'm writing all about this show is because Josh and I would have "Love in the Wild Night" every Tuesday. Basically, we would make kebabs (somehow they seem junglish to us?) and watch this show. I have fond memories of this wonderful night each week. First of all because the kebabs we make are my definitely in my top three favorite things to eat. Secondly, because they are healthy. And last but not least, I could watch one of my favorite shows!!

This morning, I chopped up everything for our Love in the Wild Night kebabs, and boy do they look yummy! They are in a gallon sized ziplock bag marinating in Italian dressing right now. This is the most healthy and delicious meal I know how to make!

Basically, we cut up red onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, chicken, and put in whole mushrooms. We marinade all of this in Lite Italian Anything dressing for at least 10 hours. Then we sit at the kitchen table and skewer them (in a pattern so each kebab is alike, of course). We stick 'em on the grill, and voila! I have a delicious dinner for only 426 calories! Thanks to this awesome kitchen scale below....


I was able to figure out that these kebabs are even lower calories than I first thought. I was estimating the veggies to be much higher. So tonight, I'm having Love in the Wild Night, with or without the show!

I'm going to try and take Juno on a short walk, then I'm picking up Joe at 9:00 to go lift weights. At 11:00, my mom and I are heading to the pool to lay out. It should be a great day! 


1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of that show at all.. lol. I wish I liked veggies!! Your day sounds so fun! I want to lay out by the pool! :( 13 more days till we are in paradise!

    ReplyDelete