Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blogworthy News

Current Weight: 153.1 lbs.
Total lost: 42.9 lbs.
Total to goal: 13.1 lbs.
(keeping my eye on the prize, which is a sweet new tattoo)

Josh and I got back yesterday from a wonderful and relaxing week in The Dominican Republic. Just look at us, love birds!



 Before we left, we each shared a goal with one another for when we got back.

My Goal: Start and complete the Turbo Fire program as outlined by the calendar. It's a three or five month program, depending on what you order. I ordered the three month version. Totally doable. Especially since there is one rest day each week, and the longest class is 60 minutes.

I had a good burn today, especially considering that I did the "new to class" option, where they stop and slow down the moves for you...



Josh's Goal: Quit smoking. There is almost nothing in this world that I wouldn't give for him to be able to successfully quit smoking. As an ex-smoker myself, I know how completely miserable and hard it is (particularly in the first few weeks). 

I want to do everything I can to help him quit, but wasn't sure how to go about this. I asked him tonight, and he said I would help him the most by not bringing it up or asking about it. I totally get it. For me, it was easier to put it out of my mind. Once I started talking about it, it made me want to light up.

In the past few years, I've really seen the devastating effects of smoking with people I know and love. My aunt had a heart attack, my dad had a stroke, Josh's mom has COPD and was just in the hospital while we were in the Dominican, and a friend's dad passed away after finding out he had emphysema. 

Addiction is such a strange and terrible thing. We want what we know is slowly killing us. When I finally got in the right mind set to quit, I was determined now to be "weak minded." I had to think of myself as strong willed and independent, as silly as that sounds. It really helped.

I love how cigarettes are labeled in the Dominican. I wish they did this here:




Anyway, I'm going to run out real quick and clean his car. This way, he won't smell cigarettes when he sits down tomorrow morning in his Jeep. All of us ex-smokers or current smokers now, it's the habits that are the hardest. It's the act of lighting up after you start you car, once you finish a meal, with your morning coffee, etc. I want to make it as easy for him as possible. Please send him all the prayers, hugs, and positive energy you can to help him get through the next few weeks. He's quit once before for a short time, but I'm praying he can stick with it this time. This time will be different :)


No comments:

Post a Comment