Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, June 14, 2013

Emotions Running Wild

Furious. Happy. Angry. Appalled. Resentful. Jubilant. These are some of the feelings I had as I looked back at some old photo albums with Josh yesterday. When Josh took a break to go smoke, my eyes filled up with tears and it took everything in me not to cry. I was happy, but most of all I was downright pissed off. How did I ever let myself look like the photos in those albums? 

When I first met Josh, I weighed around 140 pounds. This is a guess, but I'm fairly certain it's accurate. Over the course of the past ten years and our relationship, I gained almost sixty pounds! As I was looking at the pictures, I wanted to tear them from the albums and rip them apart. I hate them. I'm so mad at myself for allowing that to happen, yet so happy with the improvements I've made over the past six or seven months. It's strange to feel so angry and joyful all at the same time. Here's two pictures to prove my point, and I have to say...I could not find many full body "before" shots online, or any for that matter that show how truly fat I was. In all these pictures, I noticed I'm holding my purse to the side or in front of me, or I'm standing behind someone or something. That's because I've deleted or simply not posted them because deep down I knew they were embarrassing. To really see some fat ones, you gotta look in my photo albums in our living room.




The past two days, I haven't eaten the best. I was a little mad at myself, and then we went to volleyball last night. I haven't had a single drop of alcohol at volleyball for the past two weeks. This is an accomplishment considering the fact that everyone drinks on sand volleyball night and they keep the pitchers coming. 

So anyway, I walked up to the bar to order my sugar free Red Bull when I ran into an old acquaintance that I haven't seen in several years. We exchanged hellos and then she just came right out and said "You look f***ing phenomenal, and I just thought that you really needed to know that." It's a great feeling to know that someone you haven't seen or talked to in a while notices you've been working your butt off. 

We got to talking (she used to be a DFM trainer at Club Fitness) about what I should do next, which leads me to my next ramble for the day: my plan of action. After vacation, I am going to start Turbo Fire, and I plan to follow the workout calendar as closely as possible. Of course things like float trips and other life events come up, and I'm sure I'll miss a day or two, but that's life. I also plan on sneaking in some Zumba and Cardio Dance when I'm feeling up to it, but I'm mostly planning to stick to the Turbo Fire program. 

After that, I'm seriously considering starting CrossFit. I've already been noticing that my workouts definitely need to be kicked up a notch. I can't burn nearly as many calories as I used to, which is one of the reasons why I got Turbo Fire. It uses high intensity interval training so it really brings up your heart rate, and that's exactly what I need. CrossFit brings about a whole new world of challenges. They are things you think you'll never be able to do, but apparently you will be amazed how strong you get and how quickly it can happen.

Enough rambling for now...only 4 days until vacation! I'm so excited to spend some time in a wonderful place with wonderful people!





No comments:

Post a Comment