Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, June 7, 2013

Hello 140s!

Well the scale is finally back into the 140s, and I am so darn excited! It said 149.7 this morning. I'm not going to log it yet though because I have a really bad habit of undoing my hard work when the weekends come around. That's why I usually only log my weight on Sundays. 

It's going to be a busy, but fun weekend! We are going to the Zac Brown Band concert tonight, over to Illinois to pick up race packets and have lunch at Top Shooters tomorrow, and to the Graffiti Run on Sunday!

I am annoyed. Seriously annoyed. I feel like I should be able to go have lunch with my friends without having to completely abandon my good eating, and at some places this is just really not possible. 

I went with some girls I used to teach with to Sybergs for lunch yesterday. I got on their website BEFORE I went so I could have a good choice already picked out. Pshhhh. First of all, MFP only had like 5 things from Sybergs on the app, so that wasn't at all helpful. Sybergs has nothing online that shows nutritional information, so that was a dead end. "That's okay," I thought. "I can just read the description and give a reasonably good guess as to the number of calories." There is nothing freaking healthy there! Yes, they have salads, but as I'm reading the descriptions and the dressing selections, the salads are likely just as high in calories as some of the other stuff. I ended up with a grilled chicken sandwich that had tomato, lettuce, and avocado with a side of fresh fruit. And let me tell you about the fresh fruit...it was soaked in sugary syrup out of a can. 

Why can't all restaurants be up front about the nutritional information of their foods. I *LOVE* going to Chili's, Applebees, Longhorn, and McDonalds...just because they have the nutrition info printed right in front of your face. It's not a guess, and I don't have to sit there eating my meal wondering if it's way worse for me than I am guessing. Josh and I love going to little cafes in the city, but I hate that I never know what it going into my body. *end rant*

I need to kick my butt into gear and get my house cleaned. Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment