Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Back on Track

One hour of Zumba, about twenty minutes on the hamster wheel treadmill, five minutes on the cross trainer, and 1,037 calories burned...all before 11:00! This is an accomplishment, especially when I can sleep well past 11:00 on a day off. 

Who loves running? Not me! I can Zumba for hours, but running is a whole different story. I've never been able to run. I was always with the group of girls who walked the last two laps in gym class to finish the timed mile. My P.E. teacher would give me the evil eye because he was always disappointed in my running abilities. 

So my friend Melissa has recently started timing her miles on the treadmill to see how fast she can do it. I have to just say that this is brilliant! For one thing, Melissa is just awesome because she always pushed me to do things that I hate or wouldn't do otherwise. I would never run voluntarily for enjoyment, but now that I know she is doing it, it makes me want to do it with her. So last night, I tried to set the pace for a nine minute mile. After 1/3 of the mile, I couldn't go on any longer. Not good!

So this morning, I was determined to give it another go. When I worked out last night, it was late, and it was also after dinner. Maybe on an empty tummy (besides coffee), I'd be able to do it. I set the pace a little slower at 9:30! And....I DID IT! I've never in my whole entire life ran a mile in under ten minutes!!!!! Super exciting! 

Something a little depressing happened last night, which is the reason I ended up at the gym at 10:30 at night. I went to Old Navy to try on some workout clothes (they have tons of great workout clothes by the way), and I decided to try on a swim suit! Du nu nu...even after losing almost 40 pounds, I am not happy with the way my tummy looks in a swimsuit. I'm going to have to hit the ab exercises hard these next few months. I tried on this one:


(picture from www.OldNavy.com)

I thought it was super cute, but not on me!! Also, I'm having a bit of an issue with the swimsuit tops! The large is too big around and the medium is too small in the cup size. Guess I won't be getting an Old Navy suit this year. 

So anyway, I burned over 1,000 calories today and ran a mile in record time for me. I'm going to go ahead and chalk up today as a win in my book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment