Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Turning Frustration into Motivation

So yesterday in addition to cardio, I did the Turbo Jam Ab Jam workout. It was a great workout, but today my abs are super sore. As I was talking to someone very close to me, I jokingly said that I had some killer abs under the fat I need to get rid of. He started cracking up laughing, not at my joke, but at the fact that I said I had abs. He continued with a "Come on, you're not athletic anymore." First of all, thanks for hurting my feelings. Secondly, really? It was a joke to begin with. I tried to keep my cool and said "Hey! I'm almost down to a 7 minute mile." Rather than a "good job" or a "that's great," I got a "Yeah, well I'm sure you couldn't do it in real life." Apparently, running a 7 minute mile on a treadmill isn't as good as running a 7 minute mile at the park. Okay, I know. It isn't exactly the same. But could you be any more of an ass discourager (Is that even a word? I don't think so...)? This whole annoying conversation reminded me of something I pinned a few weeks ago:



So I'll quit with the dramatics and just know that every time I push myself, I'll be thinking of you and how you told me I couldn't do it. I'm turning my frustration into motivation. Okay. I'm done with my rant. Thanks for listening :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment