Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, December 10, 2012

Lord, Give Me Strength

I can't believe I'm about to post this, but here goes. Since I started dating my now wonderful husband, I've gained an embarrassing amount of weight. Normal to gain weight when you've been dating someone for a while or get married, right? Sure, but this is bad. Real bad. When Josh and I met back in 2002, I was weighed around 140 lbs. Ten wonderful years, college, a new career, and one wedding later, I am up to a hefty 182 lbs. 

The truth is that I've been lazy. I don't take the few extra minutes to plan healthy meals. I don't exercise much aside from playing volleyball. I mean, come on. When I answered the password recovery question for my Google account, I had to tell Google that my favorite food is PIZZA...

Like many girls, I've tried it all. Atkins, Weight Watchers, South Beach, and a million other fad diets. I've hoped for a quick fix as opposed to hard work and dedication. I've finally come to the realization that losing weight is simple: Burn more calories than you eat each day. I am determined to exercise and eat healthy to lose the 40 lbs. I've packed on over the last ten years. 

With the help of some workout buddies, a Club Fitness membership, a new obsession with Zumba, My Fitness Pal, and the support of my hubby, I'm determined to get healthy once and for all. I'm hoping that putting this out there for millions of people to read will somehow make me more accountable than if I were just writing in my journal at home. I'm going to post healthy recipes (only the great tasting ones of course), fun workouts (really, it can be fun once you're in the routine), and share my journey with you. 

Here's to a healthy new lifestyle! Lord, give me strength...
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment