Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Perfectionist Attitude

I am definitely a perfectionist when it comes to many things. When I began my journey toward a healthy lifestyle in 2012, I logged every single calorie. I tracked every calorie burned with a HRM. I spent hours cooking and calculating calories. I blogged weekly and tracked everything. Well when you have a baby, you don't have the time to do those things. I barely feel like I have time to take a shower let alone log calories in MFP.

In order to move forward, I've come to an important realization. I cannot do what I did before. If I miss half of a workout in my 21DF because Parker wakes up, I shouldn't just quit the whole program because I didn't follow it exactly. I should keep on keepin' on, even if it's not perfect.

I am absolutely determined that when we have our next baby, I'm going to remain active and healthy. I was so so tired all the time in my first trimester with Parker. I was also terrified of overdoing it and doing any kind of harm to my growing baby in my belly. As a result, I'm back up in the 180s (ahhhh!) and it's time to get serious. I've lost about 50 lbs in 6 months before, and I know I can do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment